Developing and processing photography film is something that is quite a simple process, with the same techniques for both color film and also black and white option. Both of these can use those of different chemicals, but process is indeed the dame. If you start processing your own film, you must remember certain photographic tips and guidelines.
- It is generally a light sensitive and also should never be exposed to light, except during exposure or it will then be ruined.
- Your film needs to be handled by an edge mainly for avoiding certain finger prints or also several scratches to the surface. In addition, cotton gloves are something that can be used mainly for handling film.
Here are following equipment that plays a vital role in this whole process.
- Can Opener – It is the most important equipment that is widely used in the said process. Your 35 mm film will be completely in a small canister that will need to be opened with a can opener in a complete darkness.
- Scissors – The starting and the end of your photo is something that needs to be cut.
- Film Reels – These reels can be easily bought in either metal or plastic and are used for essentially wrap your option around for development. Moreover, appropriate loading on the reel is something that tends to ensure that the film doesn’t touch and your photography film is developed in a proper way.
- Film Tanks – Once you load your film onto a reel it is then loaded into a light tight tank for the chemicals to process.
- Developing Chemicals
In a completely dark area, you can use your opener mainly to open the top of the canister and then pull out the film. You must carefully handle the photo by its several edges as to not damage the surface. By using your scissors, you also need to cut off the leader at the starting of the roll mainly to flatten the edge. At the end portion of your reel, then film will then be attached to the spool and also need to be cut.
It then also needs to be loaded onto your plastic or metal reel. You can then certainly put the loaded reel into the developing tank and then ensure it is tightly closed, once you successfully on the reel. There are many companies offering the film developing services to serve a large number of people. You can choose the best one in accordance to your own desires